Sunday, February 23, 2020

what if she has cancer

What if she has cancer
What if she dies
What if I have another year
Or two with her
What if I have to see her dead
What if she never wakes up
What if all I will have left is memories
and her clothes neatly folded
In her armoir?

What then?

Will life go on
Will my son grow healthy and strong
as I wilt and fade

An enemy did this
Overnight
While no one was watching
She was fine and then she was not
And what will happen now?
He has devastated me
He has broken my heart
And my soul is gouged
By his injustice and cruelty

Jesus needs to do something
He needs to fight!
He sees the pain, the wreckage, the waste
And he shouts his battle cry
To come to the infants' aid
He is defender of the weak
He protects us
A mighty warrior
A strong shepherd
A fortress that will not be shaken
Although surrounded and pressed on every side
My Lord in the fire with her
You will save her.
You will do it again.
I trust your might and strength.
More than myself

You are my hero
The one who saves the drowning
Pull us out of the flames
My hero and my Lord.
Rescue my daughter!
Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment