Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The truth behind veils

Veils shroud your holinesss from me
They distract and hide you
For you see everything including me right now
The choices
Oh the choices I make
I want that. I do things to get it.
I have an idea
I pursue it immediately.
Where are my own internal brakes?
Press them for me so I will know
The difference between your and my will
The difference between selfishness
And following your voice

The fool says in his heart there is no God
That frightens me
What am I saying in my heart?
Perhaps I fear because I want to avoid looking foolish in front of you and others
I would love to have peace that who I am is enough
In your eyes

Your eyes see my secrets
My choices
And I cannot hide from you
Though I have talked myself into thinking that
Please stay awake self!
Please don’t go back to sleep
Where everything happens to you
And you lay there and take the pain
Stand up and fight!
And I’ll be cleared from my past
That haunts this body
Heartlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment