Tuesday, February 18, 2020

I hate being angry

I hate being angry
It takes over and forces me
To treat people differently
A monster emerges from the ashes
With a sword-tongue
Forged to pierce their heart

And I am bound
I watch
Myself eat and devour the safety I've sown
And I passively observe the spectacle
Because it is deserved

I hate believing
people deserve punishment
I hate how it clenches my fists
The warmth in my fingers
that cannot be tamed
Rippling through my being

I don't want to wait a second longer
Justice must be finished
I cannot bear being a victim one more second

Stupid heart
Why do you act so childishly
Don't you know
Don't you get it
You are taking on the wrong role
An avenger will come

He is controlled and makes no errors
And he will finish the job right
If you wait
It is only a matter of time
Years will fly and the day will come
Don't shoot prematurely
And hurt yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment