Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Creases in my face


As the rain drops drips
Drip drip drips
Upon my head in corners
Creases in my face
Unexamined folds of grace
In the crevices
Of never ending canyons
Cleansing
Sweeping away
the aging past
Of discretions never punished
Will life ever be fair

Another day of sticky rain
Running where it’s uncomfortable
Sinking into cracks of filth
Only dust falls there

Boundary lines
drawn upon the otherwise perfect ground
Caused by quakes and surges
In the underworld
Comforting my reckless life
They protect my future
As if to say
Stay above these voids
Above the water that percolates every cavern down below
Stay on earth
Where ground becomes mud
And pebbles travel in streams
And puddles collect
Where people’s feet get wet
In the rain
Drip drip drip
Upon my head
In Creases on my face
Cleansing
Sweeping away
discretions never punished.
Drip drip
Rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment