Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Fire and darkness

I just want to pause
I want to swallow sleep pills
And I want to disappear
And stop fighting for a while
I want to make my bed in death itself
For a long time

What hope do I have of getting better?
When all who’ve had calamity come upon them
Such as this
Are forced into change

Can an old dog really learn new tricks?
Can it really change?

Life is so dry and flat
That I can’t breathe
It strains my neck
It weighs my eyelids
It chokes my breath
It pretends that I am dead

Why can’t I abandon this?
Why do I feel so alone
I was doing fine and I’m back in the dark

Darkness seems to be my friend these days
Letting me rest my heavy armor
On warm soft bedding 
Before the next battle
It gives me momentary silence
Before the din
Before the fire bright and hot
Burns
Burns
Burns into my very soul
And its melting melting
Only God knows what
Will I be pure gold when the fires end?

No comments:

Post a Comment