Friday, January 24, 2020

Black tar

When will God change my story
From one of disgusting ugliness
shattering pain
Illness
Weakness
Chaos
Heartlessness
To something else

How did I get to this place?
I was never choosing
The bad
I was staying faithful
Why then am I plagued
With torment that is merciless

A tortured soul
Writhing on the ground
Bleeding black
Sticky tar
That is my heart. Jesus
Cares for it

I saw a glance of Infinite light
Approaching the rotten
Somehow desiring it
Shining on it
And that’s a life changing truth
Tethering my powerful feelings
To the ground

Thank goodness for miracles
Thank goodness for unreasonable love
That should not be in this place
But is
How can someone fall in love with filth
And say to the muck “I love you.”
I am surprised to be romanced
Swept off of my sore feet
Into safety
Flattered beyond reason
Into my rescuers strong arms
My knight in shining armor
Sweet Love itself.

Can I stay with thee a little longer
Can I rest in the warmth of your body
For another moment
To feel your heart beating against mine
Your arms are warming my chest
Can you hold me until I am warm too?
please stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment