Friday, August 9, 2013

Who I am

There are some things about me that you should know before I start writing more. This is a pretty random list, but they are attributes that I consider important.

I am a person. I am a human; no greater than any other human that has breathed this chemically diverse air. I am in my thirties, but don't let my age fool you into thinking I can't relate. Age really has very little to do with it.

I am trying to follow Jesus Christ (God's Son) and am constantly learning what my purpose is for being here.

I am an original person who has been through a unique set of circumstances. No one who reads this will ever be able to duplicate my past, so I guess you and I have that in common.

I am married to a man who believes in the same things that I do.

I am afraid of stinging insects, needles, going to the doctor/dentist, evil things, and dying.

I want everyone to know God and connect with Him, but am secretly afraid to share my faith.

- - - - -

I could keep going, but you will get to know me better as time goes on. I will try to be as real as possible with you, because I want you to understand who God is, without me getting in the way of that. I think God uses our weaknesses (in addition to our strengths), to teach people about Himself, so you will probably see plenty of imperfections in me. Know that this is not a reflection of God, but rather a reflection of my humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment