Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blog's Name

Since you are probably wondering why I chose this blog's name, I will tell you. I admit that I may have some goals for this blog. The name is called "The Odd Christian" because this site is about being different than what most people would call a "Christian." It is meant to open your mind towards all kinds of stereotypes that people have about Christians and things real Christians have done. I will not glorify Christians (as they are none other than sinners, who have been redeemed), but try to solely glorify the God we worship.

Before I go any further, I should ask a question.

When you think of "Christians," what do you think of?

 Is it a beautiful picture, with people rejoicing together to sing praises to Jesus, playing fluttering melodies and harmonies that echo with exuberance?

Is it a group of people that speak the truth all the time with love seeping from them, where they cannot help but care?

OR....

Is it ugly?

Is it a bunch of ignorant naive people who don't know what they are talking about?

Is it a lot of sexually charged virgins who don't have anything to do but get married and have kids?

Is it a hypocritical mass of leadership where the only thing that matters is power?


All these views are ones I guarantee people have expressed to me. Many have told me, whether having a good view or a negative one, that I am an odd Christian. Whether you were born in a Christian family, or an atheist one, I am writing this blog for you. I hope that when you read it, you will better know who I believe in and why. I also hope that in the end, you will realize that odd is the norm with Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment