Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Turtle

 Sometimes I feel like a turtle
Stuck in a shell of my own seam-stressing
I wonder how to get out

And live and walk

The world feels frightening

And confusing

And God I wish I knew how to see you

Among the dross of the enemy’s mediocrity

Into a bland old world that has nothing meaningful to offer

And everyone’s cold cuz they’re looking

Looking for a way out


Jesus you explain it all

The way things are

The truth that keeps me sober

The life I must hold onto 

If I am to make any sense of it all


Why be drawn to the senseless when it makes sense with him? I’ve never found a more rational explanation

Though I’ve searched to try to understand the mystery of people running from him

I love Jesus and his ways

He is simple.

He cares.

He loves everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment