Tuesday, March 14, 2023

I saw a raven

 I saw a raven the first day 

He was alone looking for food in the shade

He hopped from place to place

Finding things he could eat

And I remembered that you feed me


I saw a raven the second day

He was alone hopping still

I was in a hurry to get to class

But he was happy hopping in the mulch

And I remembered that I don’t need to worry about the future.


I saw a raven the third day

And he was surrounded by pigeons

Proud creatures with shiny full plumage

The ravens feathers looked haggard and sparse compared to them

While the pigeons strutted and bobbed confidently around each other

The lone raven looked for food and found it

And I remembered that it’s ok to not fit in

That I’m still beautiful in Gods eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment