Monday, September 23, 2019

A fiery night

He screams
He shrieks
He punches
He kicks
He claws
He crawls

He is an angel
He is a demon
He is a creature
He is my son

How does one mother an animal
Whose only instinct is to hunt, run, or hide
From terrors that are unclear

It cannot be reasoned with
It will not allow rescuing
It will not hear blessings, only curses
Whose body was built to endure fire and torment

Crossing into his world
Can only stab my chest
As I watch my once-newborn
Mercilessly devoured by searing flames
Under a cruel ruler's order
The beast has had his fill

His mouth drips with the blood of my children
My heart turns to stone as I desire one thing
His punishment

God give him the justice that he deserves
Train him to stop feasting on innocence
And consuming the little hope in my son
That I have toiled for



No comments:

Post a Comment